Welcome to GML week @fffffat! Graffiti Markup Language (GML) is a new XML file type specifically designed for archiving graffiti tags. Gestural graffiti motion data of a tag created in GML-supported software is saved as a text file with a “.GML” extension…. a new digital standard for tomorrow’s vandals.
Please stay tuned to FAT all this week as we publish new GML related projects each day. There will be multiple new free software releases, open data repositories, iphone apps, robots, guest bloggers and more. GML week is now officially open for business.
Commented example GML code can be viewed here.
she-155.gml – GML data from SHE using Graffiti Analysis 2.0 (coming very very soon).
Listen online (50:46):
Download .mp3 (70mb):
1. Wesley Emblidge, Parks & Recreation Theme
2. Swisha House, Got It Sowed Up
4. Dennis Brown, Your Love Is Amazing
5. Kid Cudi, Paper Planes Remix
6. Three 6 Mafia, Goldshine
7. Raekwon, About Me
8. Wiz Khalifa
9. RZA, The Samles Intro
10. Piles, Shawty
11. John Holt, Still In Chains
12. Three 6 Mafia, Long & Hard
13. Jahari Gamba, In The Meantime
14. Wiz Khalifa, Poppin Rubberbands
15. The Hood Internet, Public Enemy vs HEALTH vs Nosaj Thing
16. Jackie MIttoo, Winchester Cathedral
17. Eazy-y ft. the Game, Still Crushing
18. Vita Noctis, Hade
19. Ratatat, Dura
20. Bishop Lamont ft. Guerilla Black, Put Your Glasses Up
21. The Hood Internet, Dorrough vs Bibio
22. Kid Cudi, Man On The Moon
23. Jay-Z, Reminder
24. Andy Kaufman
Why is it that so many arts organizations claiming to “support the arts” never seem to have any “support” for the artists? Don Draper offers us some advice on how to negotiate with arts organizations.
I’ll mail out a free book and stickers to anyone that BCC’s me (evan[at]fffff.at) on a negotiation email with an arts organization in which you use the phrase, “this is my profession, what do you want me to do?” Extra gold star if you use the phrase “I think you wouldn’t be in the presidential suite right now if you worked for free.”* (Feel free to use the images below as attachments.) Don Draper’em!
* Must be actual artist fee negotiation email with real arts organization. All information will be kept confidential.
The G.R.L. / F.A.T. World Summit was held last week at the Cash Rules Everything Around Me Festival in Yokohama, Japan. In attendance was G.R.L. (Mother Cell), G.R.L. Utah, G.R.L. Brazil, G.R.L. Australia, G.R.L. Tokyo, G.R.L. Yokohama G.R.L. Kyoto & Tokyo F.A.T. (in absentia G.R.L. Mexico, G.R.L. Houston & G.R.L. Vienna).
There are more photos up here, and there is a live stream of the first ever Tokyo F.A.T. & F.A.T. (Mother Cell) meet up here (however I suggest skipping forward until at least 25:30 when we are done forcing people to eat vegemite).
There are too many people to thank and shout out, but I hope I see you all again at the G.R.L. / F.A.T. World Summit 2010 (if not sooner).
The expressions published in this site are all in the public domain. You may enjoy, use, modify, snipe about and republish all F.A.T. media and technologies as you see fit.